Tuesday, February 05, 2013

diy - valentine's day dog scarves


I love little more than a dog in an outfit or accessorized and I am always putting scarves {and costumes} on my pups. Gordita hates anything beyond a scarf but Finn is game for whole outfits.  It's awesome.  He always looks so proud in his Halloween costumes.  I love having a dog that appreciates clothing :).

Last week I made my dogs cute little scarves for Valentine's Day.  This project is super easy and inexpensive.

What you will need ~

-lightweight fabric {Finn got dark red and Gordita gray}, about 12"x 18" 
-felt {I used two shades of pink and white}
-scissors/pinking shears
-fabric glue {if you want to sew instead of glue, the hearts will definitely hold better}

Step One ~

Fold the lightweight fabric in half and use the pinking shears to cut out a triangle, leaving two long-ish pieces at the top to serve as the ties.

Finn is pretty big so I made his 12" {from the flat edge to the tip of the triangle}.  Gordita is medium sized, so her scarf measured 10" from the flat part to the tip of the triangle.

Step Two ~

Cut a few hearts out of the felt and glue them onto the front of the scarves.  If you want the hearts to really adhere to the cotton, I would add a few stitches.  Fabric glue holds fairly well but a few stitches will ensure that the hearts stay in place.

Could they be any cuter??  


7 comments:

  1. Omgosh, this is too cute! I'd love to make one for my golden but I'm afraid she'd try to eat it. Your pup is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! my golden-collie mix is pretty good about clothes and scarves. he kind of loves them :).

      Delete
  2. Wow, love this soooo cute ! Cutest diy project i have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Quality article thanks for sharing adorable pictures with us
    Ladies Handbags in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

Designed by Jackie Ayr