Monday, May 12, 2014

Ireland - take eleven


I am afraid I am turning into one of those bloggers who starts every post with "Sorry....I haven't blogged in forever!" I guess I am not really "sorry" because I doubt anyone is counting on my blog posts but this blog is something I want to continue and I get annoyed with myself for not finding the time to post.

Today, I am back from a two week vacation to Ireland and Chicago. It was such a great time. This was my 11th trip to Ireland (can we go anywhere else?? ;)) and one of the best I have experienced in several years. I am thinking thinking spring is the time to go.

The weather was perfect the first half of the trip - low to mid 60s, sunny, and minimal rain. The final few days in Ireland it did get chilly (low to mid 50s) but for the most part the rain stayed away and we were able to get out and do a lot.

No one ever goes to Ireland for the weather but, I have been there in the cold, dark, rainy days and I much prefer a sunny intermittently rainy Ireland. The rain, after all, is a necessity to keep the place looking so green.

In addition to the nice weather, Spring is not peak season so everything is a little less expensive and a little less crowded.

the highest mountain peak in Ireland in the distance
a little friend we met near the beach
the gap of dunloe 
the sun fighting through the clouds
Neil - taking selfies
Neil - being a goof ;)
gorgeous Rossbeigh beach
quiet road

I will be back later this week with a few more photos + a few of my Ireland travel recommendations.

Have a great Monday!



1 comment:

  1. Welcome home! Looks like a beautiful trip. And one thing someone told me long ago was to never start a blog post with apologizing for not blogging in a while. Because a) maybe people didn't even notice, and b) a break is nothing to feel bad about. :p xo JA

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

Designed by Jackie Ayr